NY19Votes Campaign Goals:
- Register thousands of voters leading up the 2018 midterm election, including re-registering the 15,000+ voters who own property in NY19 and are currently registered in safely blue congressional districts.
- Create an infrastructure with hundreds of trained volunteers experienced in voter outreach and with deep, personal knowledge of NY19 town by town through continual canvassing.
- Fight back against Faso in the media, through campaign tracking and act as the general election campaign until we have our candidate.
- Give the Democratic nominee a comprehensive congressional campaign that she/he can integrate already in full swing.
NY19Votes Organizing in action:
NY19Votes is making NY19 the most organized swing district in the nation. It will take several months before there is a Democratic nominee to run against John Faso. NY19Votes is leading the fight against Faso until we have a general election candidate and helping build the volunteer and campaign infrastructure that will defeat Faso decisively. Already, NY19Votes has organized the following:
- 400+ canvassers were trained and deployed from 12 sites across the district in 10 degree temperatures! Pictures Here.
- 500 canvassers were trained and deployed from 17 sites across the district in the rain! Pictures Here.
- 200+ canvassers were trained and deployed from 21 sites across the district on a humid, hot summer day! Pictures Here.
- Started the Adopt-a-Town Hall trend by organizing the national news recognized event with Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney. Full Town Hall Video Here.
- VoteSmartNY, our initiative to re-register voters who own or rent homes in NY19 has already registered over a hundred new voters and held phone banks in district and NYC reaching out to these voters.
- Weekly conference calls and collective actions coordinating the dozens of Indivisible and Swingleft groups in and out of district.
National Media Coverage:
'A perfect candidate is hard to find. But Dustin Reidy, who recently started a voter outreach group called NY 19 Votes, said the district could succeed with someone, man or woman, black or white, “who can really connect with voters by talking about the bottom line — wages, pocketbook issues.”' I agree. - Frank Bruni
recent local media coverage:
Our Campaign director
Dustin Reidy has been managing candidate and advocacy campaigns at the local, state and federal level for over a decade. He has managed campaigns for Planned Parenthood, NextGen Climate, 1199SEIU, NYSDSCC, AccessHealthCT and Citizen Action. Dustin resides in Upstate NY.